Anyone else often flustered at the “What’s for dinner?” question? 👋
Here is a life hack for you!
I get a 5 lb package of boneless chicken breasts for around $10. Pop it in the crockpot or instapot for the regular cooking time. I add 2 bouillon cubes and a cup of water to mine. I also add in my favorite seasonings: garlic salt, a little lawrys, and montreal steak seasoning. Shred with a potato masher real quick once cooked – voila!
We put this in the fridge in smaller portion containers and use it in a variety of meals as needed.
Some of our favorite things to make with this chicken:
- Add BBQ sauce for nachos
- Add taco seasoning or sauce for tacos
- Add salsa for tacos
- Individual servings of chicken salad
- Added to soup
- In a rollup with lettuce, tomato, bacon, etc
- On bread as a sandwich
- On a tortilla with pizza toppings (baked for 10 min) – bbq sauce especially 👌
- In a quesadilla
- Add buffalo wing sauce and mozzarella cheese
How would you serve it??
Best part? You’re only “cooking” once for a bunch of meals! And it’s cheap. 👏🎉❤
Making it up as I go,